High Scardus Trail Stage 14 Stanet e Hinoskes - Bitushe/Modrič
High Scardus Trail Organization
Stage 14 on the High Scardus Trail: Dream trails in the Deshat Mountains. In the background the prominent Velivar Mountain (2.373 m)Photo: Trail Angels/ G.Mussnig, CC BY-ND, High Scardus Trail Organization
>>>> ATTENTION: Detailled informations on how to plan your trip, safety instructions, regulations for border crossing etc. are provided by the official website www.high-scardus-trail.com <<<<
NOTE: A shuttle is required between the end of this stage and the start of the next stage (High Scardus Trail stage 15 Modrič - Jablanica. There is currently no accommodation in Bitushe itself.
You currently have 2 options:
- 6 km shuttle from Bitushe to one of the two accommodations at the monastery Sveti Jovan Bigorski. The next morning another shuttle to Modrič for the start of stage 16.
- From Bitushe, the entire shuttle to Modrič, where there is accommodation at the start of stage 16.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Attention: The stage is currently not well marked in some places, which in combination with difficult to see sections of the trail and little detailed maps can lead to serious orientation problems in some places. Currently we strongly recommend to hike the trail only with a local guide. If you still want to hike on your own, great experience with GPS devices or the use of map apps (including the possibility of offline storage of maps; app recommended by Outdooractive) is necessary!
Attention: For crossing the Kosovar-North Macedonian border (green border) a border permit is necessary!
By roadAccess only possible with 4x4 off-road vehicle (better on foot from Rabdisht via stage 13 of the High Scardus Trail): From Peshkopi, take road SH6 south towards Debar. After about 6 km, a small mountain road branches off to the left (east) towards Melan and then Ilnicë. At the upper end of Ilnicë, a gravel road leads east and winds up the mountain to the alpine pasture Stanet e Hinoskes.
ParkingAt the alpine pasture
Book recommendations for this region:
- Backpack approx. 30-40 liters with hip belt
- Rain cover for the backpack
- Telescopic poles
- Trekking shoes at least category B (preferably ankle-high for the pathless passages)
- Flipflops or similar for the accommodations
- 2 pairs of hiking socks
- hiking pants softshell or similar (wind- and water-repellent - the High Scardus Trail runs through alpine regions)
- Hiking pants spare (also for accommodation)
- T-shirt quick drying
- T-shirt fast drying spare (quantity depending on the length of the tour)
- Top long first layer (e.g. Transtex-Sleeve) + replacement
- Top long second layer (e.g. sleeve made of fleece or merino wool) + replacement
- Softshell jacket or similar
- Clothing for accommodation
- rain jacket (hardshell jacket waterproof and breathable)
- umbrella if necessary
- Rain pants (hardshell pants waterproof and breathable)
- Sun protection for the head (sun hat or cap)
- Hat (can get cold even in summer!)
- small travel towel
- personal hygiene items personal medicines (important medicines in addition to personal medicines are e.g. Imodium, charcoal tablets, Bepanthen and a painkiller like Ibuprofen or Parkemed)
- Blister plaster
- Pocket knife, small scissors
- Sunglasses (tight-fitting with 100% UV protection and tint category 3)
- Sunscreen (SPF at least 30, water/sweat resistant, broad spectrum protection, not older than 1 year)
- Lip protection (SPF at least 20)
- Outdoor first aid kitpossibly spare glasses
- small LED headlamp
- bivy sack (at least a very light one)
- Handkerchiefspassport + copycredit card/cash (at many accommodations you can only pay with cash)
- Border Crossing Permit
- Small dictionaries
- Travel documents printout
- Orientation App (e.g. Outdooractive with Pro-Account, so you can save the map sections offline)
- if necessary additional GPS-device
- Cell phone (smartphone for orientation app) + charger
- Powerbank for cell phone (not all accommodations have sockets)
- if necessary power socket adapter
Food and drinks
- Drinking bottles (depending on temperature and personal drinking needs 1,5-3 liters; the sources are shown in the map)
- Food for the day (the respective shopping possibilities can be seen in the map)
High Scardus Adrenalin represents an adrenaline variant of the long-distance hiking trail High Scardus Trail. The tour was created by Kostantin ...
Šar Planina, the Korab Mountains with the 2,745-meter Korab as the highest peak in Albania and northern Macedonia, and the Galičica Mountains are all ...
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others