>>>> ATTENTION: Detailled informations on how to plan your trip, safety instructions, regulations for border crossing etc. are provided by the official website www.high-scardus-trail.com <<<<
Safety informationAttention: The stage is currently not well marked in some places, which in combination with difficult to see sections of the trail and little detailed maps can lead to serious orientation problems in some places. Currently we strongly recommend to hike the trail only with a local guide. If you still want to hike on your own, great experience with GPS devices or the use of map apps (including the possibility of offline storage of maps; Outdooractive app recommended) is necessary!
Attention: For crossing the Kosovar-North Macedonian border (green border) a Border Permit is necessary!
Note: Torbeshki Most is almost uninhabited and there is no cell phone reception!
Attention: This stage is difficult to find in poor visibility!
Getting thereFrom Prizren you follow the road M25 to the west in the direction of Kukës. In the village of Zhur, however, turn south onto the R113 road and follow it to the village of Dragash. Here you turn left on the R114 and follow the mountain road to Brod. In the center of Brod there is a place where you can't go straight: turn left here and in 50 m you will be at the start of the High Scardus Trail stage 08 "Brod - Torbeshki Most".
Even though the first part of the High Scardus Trail stage to Torbeshki Most up to above the Arxhena Resort is quite beautiful, the whole stage is very very long. Therefore, it is recommended to continue to the Arxhena Mountain Resort and from there to reach the High Scardus Trail by foot in about 15 minutes via the ski slope. To do this, do not turn left at the crossroads in the village, but turn right and then immediately left again in front of the "Pizza" mini-market. Leave Brod on this road and after about 3.5 km you will reach the Arxhena Mountain Resort (time saving about 1 hour).
ParkingParking in a suitable place in the village.
- Backpack approx. 30-40 liters with hip belt
- Rain cover for the backpack
- Telescopic poles
- Trekking shoes at least category B (preferably ankle-high for the pathless passages)
- Flipflops or similar for the accommodations
- 2 pairs of hiking socks
- hiking pants softshell or similar (wind- and water-repellent - the High Scardus Trail runs through alpine regions)
- Hiking pants spare (also for accommodation)
- T-shirt quick drying
- T-shirt fast drying spare (quantity depending on the length of the tour)
- Top long first layer (e.g. Transtex-Sleeve) + replacement
- Top long second layer (e.g. sleeve made of fleece or merino wool) + replacement
- Softshell jacket or similar
- Clothing for accommodation
- rain jacket (hardshell jacket waterproof and breathable)
- umbrella if necessary
- Rain pants (hardshell pants waterproof and breathable)
- Sun protection for the head (sun hat or cap)
- Hat (can get cold even in summer!)
- small travel towel
- personal hygiene items personal medicines (important medicines in addition to personal medicines are e.g. Imodium, charcoal tablets, Bepanthen and a painkiller like Ibuprofen or Parkemed)
- Blister plaster
- Pocket knife, small scissors
- Sunglasses (tight-fitting with 100% UV protection and tint category 3)
- Sunscreen (SPF at least 30, water/sweat resistant, broad spectrum protection, not older than 1 year)
- Lip protection (SPF at least 20)
- Outdoor first aid kitpossibly spare glasses
- small LED headlamp
- bivy sack (at least a very light one)
- Handkerchiefspassport + copycredit card/cash (at many accommodations you can only pay with cash)
- Border Crossing Permit
- Small dictionaries
- Travel documents printout
- Orientation App (e.g. Outdooractive with Pro-Account, so you can save the map sections offline)
- if necessary additional GPS-device
- Cell phone (smartphone for orientation app) + charger
- Powerbank for cell phone (not all accommodations have sockets)
- if necessary power socket adapter
Food and drinks
- Drinking bottles (depending on temperature and personal drinking needs 1,5-3 liters; the sources are shown in the map)
- Food for the day (the respective shopping possibilities can be seen in the map)
- 15 Waypoints
- 15 Waypoints